Sunday, July 09, 2006

Movie Review



Went to the movies this weekend and saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. First let me say that I love action/adventure movies and anything remotely SciFi. So, true to form I like this one. Not as much as the first one but a good film none the less. The only knocks I can give it are that it is too long 155 minutes with nearly half that set up. Also it was kind of predictable. However, when you watch as many of these type movies as I do you can see most things coming. Capt. Jack, Will, Elizibeth and most of the gang from Curse of the Black Pearl are back for this first of 2 sequels. I have read that the original vision was so big that they had to cut it up into 2 movies to be filmed back to back similar to The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings. The film is of course loaded with lots action and great special effects. Although it has a bit of violence I believe it is clean enough to take the kids. Be on time for this one because the theatre I went to didn't show any movie trailers. I would expect this is due to the length of this movie. For those of you (like me) who like stick around until after the credit to see that special scene. Don't waste your time. The credits feel like they' re almost as long as the movie itself and the scene is nothing special. As a matter of fact I'll tell what it is so you wont have to stay. If you don't want to know stop reading now.

2 Thumbs Up!









It shows the dog that was left on the island sitting on the throne being worshipped by the cannibals. Enjoy the film.

1 comment:

Busy Mom said...

It was one seriously long movie, but, I loved it!

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.