Saturday, July 08, 2006

First 8 tracks now this


I was talking to a few guys that work for me the other day about college. Reminiscing about the crazy things that happens in dorm life. I mentioned that my first roommate dropped out of school and stole my records when he left. They thought it was funny that I had records in college. Now, I'm not so old that I did have any cd's but I also had a lot of records. I still do.

I was reading a story in USA Today this week that reminded me of that. It was about how power windows are becoming standard equipment in new vehicles. Also a funny story about a guys young daughter not understanding how the crank worked because she had never seen one. Just think the crank window could become like an eight track tape.

Here is a portion of that story.

Some of the thriftiest cars equipped with power windows standard include Ford Focus, Honda's new Fit subcompact and Toyota's youth-oriented Scion line. Nissan's 2007 Sentra will have standard power windows, replacing cranks of the past.
Ford has whittled down its crank-window models to its Ranger and some F-Series pickups and some Crown Victoria models. Only about six General Motors car models still have crank windows.
[Bill Kwong] recalled having to explain how the crank works to his amused 11-year-old daughter when he drove home a Corolla XRS, one of the few Toyota models left that has them. "She's spoiled," he quipped

1 comment:

Texas Poker Online said...

You have thought up such matchless phrase?

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.