Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Is This a Woman Thing

My girlfriend moved in about 3 weeks ago and I'm pretty happy about the way things are going. I'm a single father of three and she loves my kids like they were her own. However, there are of course some woman things that bother a guy who has lived alone with his kids for a number of years. Question number one. Where do I put my clothes? I cleaned out half of my dresser and all of the big closet. I moved some winter things into storage and put some of my tshirts into under bed storage bags. I figure we will sort out closet space once she moves in.

So, we move her in and the next day she goes her annual family 4th of July vacation with her family. I had to work. So, I go the closet to get the iron and to my surprise my closet is filled end to end with her clothes. Not enough space for me to put a belt. So, I ask her about this. Me: " I notice you filled the closet with your clothes." Her: "I thought you cleared out that closet for me." Me: "Where are my clothes supposed to go." Her: I thought you put all your things in the other closet." Now the other closet has shelves for storage in it with a small space (about 1/10 the space of the other) where clothes might go. So, for those scoring at home she has the big closet, half of my dresser and her whole dresser that she brought with her. I have half my dresser and small amount of closet space in the storage closet. Is this a woman thing?

Question two: "Honey do you know where my ____ is". Of course she knows because she is the one that moved it. I get it she is Miss Organization. She has organized things so much I'm afraid one of the kids might end up in box somewhere in the attic. Is it a female rule that things don't have a home until they give it one. Don't get me wrong I love my girlfriend but she is a chronic stuff mover. She says I lay things down everywhere. No, I lay things down where I want them and where I expect them to be when I look for them later. I would like to apologies to father for thinking he was crazy when I was a kid. He would complain non-stop about things being moved. I would think dude get over it. Now, I understand.

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.