Monday, July 31, 2006

Getting Back on Track

I think I'm finally coming out of my funk. I got a good nights sleep last night and went to the gym this morning after a month layoff. Not a bad day. I was of course weak and fatigued (is it an accident that the first 3 letters of fatigue spell fat) but I expected a lot worse. Now here comes the pain. The dreaded DOMS(delayed onset muscle soreness). I did take it a little easy today. Years of working out has taught me to ease back into it. A little goes a long way when coming off a layoff. Your muscles are more easily stressed there for it takes less work to break them down. If I can stay on track for at least a month. I'll be back to old form. This won't be easy. We are still short handed at work which means a lot of overtime and I will remain on nights for a while. Which wouldn't be a bad thing except school is about to start and my work load will be higher and my hours of sleep will be lower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started back myself. I did lower body weight training for the first time in months on Sunday, and now I can hardly walk. I guess the only way to beat it is to get back out there today.

Lewis said...

Glad to hear it Britney. Nothing like sore legs. It's the only body part that get continues work everyday.

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.