Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Do they think we're stupid

I went to Opry Mills mall this past weekend with my girlfriend. We stopped in at Wilson's Leather. I thought maybe there might be a good deal on motorcycle jackets. It being summer and all. Sure enough the sales guys meets us at the door telling us all the great sales that day. So, I proceed through the store looking at the jackets and I find a rack on sale for 99 bucks. Great right! No, these are the same jackets that were priced 99 dollars months ago when I was there but now it's a huge sale. I'm a window shopper. I will eye something for months before I buy it. So, I know when some store is trying to pull something like this. The same thing happens at this home decor place in Hickory Hollow Mall. They continuously double their prices then mark 70% off for a sale. I wonder how many times I fall for this in stores I don't frequent. I bet it happens to most of us all the time.

Buyer B ware

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.