Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Vandalism Update


I got my car back from the body shop Friday and it looks great. It hasn’t look this good in years. It sucks that I had to get vandalized to get it that way. They were able to get it all off with chemicals rather than re-painting. Unfortunately it cost me a $500 dollar deductible. I have a contractor coming out Friday to look at the house. It would be nice to have it cleaned up before Thanksgiving but I don’t think it will be. This unfortunately will cost me another $500 dollar deductible. So, there you have a thousand dollars out of my pocket right at Christmas. Santa is pissed! A guy at work told me about some stuff that might take the spray paint off my van. Until recently it wasn’t running so I dropped the comprehensive coverage. So, it’s up to me to get it fixed. The paint on it was crap anyway and I don’t want to spend anymore money on this right now. I haven't heard anything new on the suspects. The DA told me they would subpoena me when they set a court date for the minor. I’m not sure if they have picked up the adult. I took out the warrant about a week and a half ago.

2 comments:

Kat Coble said...

The car looks great.

If I were you, I'd sue the vandals in small claims court for your deductable. If you have the photos, the auto repair bill and the police report you'll most likely win.

Lewis said...

My insurance company says they will pursue it but I'm not going to depend on them.

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.