Sunday, November 19, 2006

Save a Horse Ride a Commodore

I'm usually not one to talk smack but Vandy deserve it. Last year they beat my Vols for the first time in 23 years and would not shut up about it. I didn't know this until this weekend but they put the win on DVD. How sad is your program when you put a win over a 5 and 6 team on DVD. I remember this one Vandy fan called into a radio station last year and said that Tennessee always says that their a football team during basketball season. "Now I guess we can say that we are a football team" he said. That team went 5-6 also. I guess this year he can say their even bigger losers because they went 4-8 with 3 of those wins being over division 2 TSU,Temple who went 1-11 this year and the 0 and 11 Duke Blue Devils. I hadn't planned on going but my girlfriend happened upon some tickets late and wanted to go. I'm glad I did. I went expecting to see my Vols beat the crap out of Vandy and that's just what they did.

I have to say that Vanderbilt stadium may be the worse I have ever been in. They are just not equipped to handle full capacity. When we parked the parking attendant apologized because they were unorganized "we not used to it being this busy" she said. There was a line to get into the stadium because they don't have enough gates. There was a line in the vomitory just to get to your seat. We were in the vomitory 5 minutes before kick off and we missed 3 minutes of the first quarter. A bad stadium for a bad program.

On the way in a Vandy fan told a rowdy Tennessee fan that "you can't spell county jail with out UT".Well, you can't spell winning season with VU.

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.