Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Like It Live

I’ve worked in TV for more than 13 years and I have to say I like live TV the best. I’ll do 4 shows today and one of them will be taped. I hate doing taped TV. Guests don’t show up on time or they socialize past taping time. Producers either don’t do everything they should or they half do it. That of course makes my job harder. Then you have the “oops can we start again”. No let’s just air it with you saying “oops can we start again”. The best thing about live TV is not post show editing. Last week I did a taped program that had a fixable mistake. It could have aired the way it was but I thought I would go the extra mile. Wouldn’t you know it golf ran over and it didn’t air. It is supposed to air this weekend but it still stung at the time. With live TV everyone get’s in place, master control counts us down, we do the show in one take and then get up and leave.

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.