Friday, September 22, 2006

Last Day of Vacation

I had been on six day sometimes seven day work weeks for more than 2 months so I was really due for a vacation. I can't remember the last we were fully staffed. I'm sure theres probably a resignation on my desk right now but I'll worry about that on Monday. Because today I'm still on vacation. I didn't really go anywhere or even do much this week. I just needed not to be at work. I like my job and everything. It's just that unlike most managers when my department is short handed (and we have been short a lot over the past year) I can't just schedule everyone else overtime. I also have to come in and do it myself. Luckily for me I'm not salary, so I get paid extra to do it. Then why am I bitching. All that extra money would make most people happy. Truthfully, I would rather give up the money and be at home with my family. I'd rather be less tired and have less stress so that I can enjoy the time I do spend with them. That was even the case when I was broke and working three jobs.

So, Monday it's back to the grind. If history is any indication someone will tick me off and bring back 50% of my stress within 3 hours. I owe, I owe so it's off to work I go!

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.