Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bothered by the death of Diamond Brownridge


Incase you missed it Diamond Brownridge is the 5 year old little girl from Chicago who went to the dentist and received a triple dose of sedatives. Then went into a coma. Well, she died yesterday. I can't imagine how painful this must be for her parents. For more on Diamond Brownridge.

A co-worker years ago told me that a professor told her"working in news rots your soul". It took a while but I believe that. After 13 years in the news business not much gets to me anymore. I make jokes about most of it. Death, destruction it doesn't faze me. There is one exception. That is children. I have three kids of my own and I am bothered when harm comes to a child. Remember a few years ago when there was a rash of abducted little girls around the country. There was this one girl who had been murdered. A network package had a shot of her dead body covered with a sheet. I think it was on a rock by some water. She was the same size and weight of my daughters at the time. She looked just like one of my daughters in that shot. It almost moved me to tears. I hope they sue the pants off this guy and he loses his license. This is pure negligence.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can this be accidental? She was a little child and should have been monitored while under sedation!

Anonymous said...

i cannot begin to begin to understand this family's pain.

Anonymous said...

My GOD continue to comfort the family of Diamond, and keep them all in the center of his WILL.

Anonymous said...

I am in Chicago and is experiencing this first hand. I dont know Diamondd and her family. however, I am deeply sadden about the death of this beautiful girl. When I look at her pic, I see my daughter. I am an Anesthetist and I believe that there should be greater regulations on nonanesthesia personnel delivering anesthesia. It is not an easy job and noit everyone can do it.

Anonymous said...

Dental killings? Free dentistry?
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions!" Unfortunatly the "innocent" pay the price for the mistakes of people who feel that they are the "betters" of the poor masses. By putting the care of the economically disadvantaged in the care of the people who believe they "Know what is best for some one; without having all the facts, and not having much medical data due to lack of care:
Catostophic problems can occur, and be swept under the rug in the name of playing the good Samaritan.
Hold these people accountable in everyway available. The doctor's license should be suspended for no less than a year. If I was the district attorney I would file criminal charges, no less the negligent homicide!

Anonymous said...

im sitting crying looking at this on the computer wondering why god couldn't wait for someone as buetiful as diamond she is the most adorable little girl i have ever seen i can not try to explain how i feel for her family and her friends. i hope you all heal from your sorrow and pain and think of it as a soul set free for now she in a better place but will be missed dearly. i dont even know diamond or her family but i do feel bad for you'',for she is in a better place everyone has to go and take that journey alone.. this is the most saddest thing i have ever seen in my whole life! thank god for her.and i wish you all the very best from deep in my heart i give you the most sympothy...

PattiD said...

THE DENTIST DID LOSE HIS LICENSE...IT WAS SUSPENDED FOR A SHORT TERM & HE WAS FINED A PALTRY SUM. HIS RESPONSE WAS, "I HAVE A RIGHT TO EARN A LIVING!" THIS TYPE OF "ROGUE DENTISTRY" IS BEING PRACTICED ALL TOO OFTEN IN ILLINOIS WITH THE SAME DISASTEROUS RESULTS... SUCH AS THE DEATH OF CHGO SCHOOL PRINCIPAL GEORGETTE WATSON IN 2007. ASK YOUR DENTIST QUESTIONS, ASK TO SEE HIS CREDENTIALS & CURRENT LICENSURE. MANY DENTIST'S ARE NOT ONLY IGNORANTLY SEDATING PATIENTS...THEY ARE DOING IT WITHOUT A CURRENT CONTROL SUBSTANCE LICENSE! ANY IDIOT CAN "WALLPAPER" THEIR HALLS WITH SHINY DIPLOMAS & DOCUMENTATIONS STATING SOME SORT OF COSMETIC DENTISTRY SPECIALTY WITHOUT EVEN PASSING A WRITTEN TEST. NOW DENTIST'S WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADMINISTER BOTOX! ALL WHILE THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATIONS IS "OUT TO LUNCH!" AND THE CHGO DENTISTRY SOCIETY IS "ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL!" LATELY, ILLINOIS IS LIKE A "CANCER" OR A "BANANA REPUBLIC!"

Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I think warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.