Thursday, September 21, 2006

Attempted Booty Assault??

I had to go to court today for some burglaries problems that have plagued me this year. This case before me was one of the strangest things I have ever heard. The witness said that she was at a local restaurant and she noticed this man come in alone and sit down. No big deal. Then she noticed that he kept on reaching behind him towards the buttocks of the woman sitting behind him. She didn't know why. She stated that he tried 3 times to touch the butt of the women behind him. She gets up and goes and asked the lady if she knew the gentleman. She replied no. She then proceeds to tell the guy that she knows what he is doing and she is going to get the manager and call the police. The guy gets up and runs out. The two women give chase and write down his plate number.

Now the man never did actually touch the women and she wouldn't have known anything if the witness hadn't said anything. The case was bound over to the grand jury but I couldn't hear what the charge was. So, when I saw the guy outside I had to ask him. "Dude what did they charge you with attempted illegal touching of the booty". He said he didn't know and he doesn't understand what he did wrong.

Granted running away doesn't make him look so innocent but what the hell did he do illegal? What proof beside one nosey yuppie do they have. This case is a colossal waste of the courts time and I don't know why they are pursuing this. All the guy has to say is I didn't do it and I ran because I was scared and confused. He had a thick mid eastern accent so he can play up on the not understanding part. I just don't understand what crime this lady thought he was about to commit. If he had touched her it isn't like he could have gotten away with it. She would have felt it. I don't think he was a pick pocket. Women don't usually store there wallets in their back pocket. I would love to find out what happens in this case. I'll let you know if I do.

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.