Monday, January 29, 2007

And the Emmy goes to ME!!!!


This year’s win was the most gratifying of all the accolades I have received. I had won 2 previous Emmys for technical director but I had never won one for directing. This was my seventh nomination for Director/News (insert Susan Lucci joke here) and I couldn’t have been more surprised. I know people always say “this is so unexpected”. This year for me it was. I kind of just sat there for a second asking myself did he just say me. On the previous nominations I was always confident that I would win. I always thought my shows were top notch but this year I didn’t feel that way. I usually have some sort of acceptance speech in my head but this year as luck would have it I had nothing. It turned out fine considering it was all off the top of my head. If you would like to see what I came up with take a look at the show. I’m about 10 to 15 minutes in. This year was also the first time that I hadn’t directed the Emmy telecast in about 5 years. Although, I do enjoy directing that show it was nice to sit out in the audience for a change and relax instead of working. Well, mostly relax I of course critiqued the directing the whole show. It may be a little cocky of me but I think I do a much better job. Congratulations to Anne Holt on winning The Governors’ Award for Lifetime Achievement. I have worked with Anne for years and she is one of my best industry friends. I am very happy for her. Also, congratulations to Lisa Patton, Bob Mueller, Davis Nolan and Anne Holt on their win for Daytime Newscasts. Lisa and Davis worked their butts off when severe weather comes and they deserve some recognition. Here are some pictures we took.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You deserved it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You deserved it!

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.