Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm One Proud Papa

When I was in school I was an average (sometimes below average) student. I did pretty well in college. I was on the deans lists a time or two. However, nothing I did ever compared to what my 9 and 10 year ole daughters are doing right now. Especially my youngest child. Today I had a special meeting at her school. Not because she was in trouble. It was quite the opposite. They have determined through tests and evaluations that my daughter is academically gifted. She and her sister have always done well in school. My oldest daughter has been on the A honor roll the last two six weeks(I'm very proud of her also). I have been to so many meeting about my son under achieving in school it was so refreshing to have a child not only do well but to excel to a high level. I can't stop smiling about it.

It is especially good for this child because we have struggled to find her "thing". You know everyone has that special thing/things that they are good at. That makes you feel special. Her older sister does well at most things she tries academically or athletically. I think we may have finally found her thing. One day a week she will be attending Robertson Academy for the gifted and talented here in Nashville through the encore program. It's been a good day in Dadsville.

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.