Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Death of Phillip Workman


I wouldn't call myself a death penalty supporter. Nor would I say I'm against it. I do think that in some cases it is justified. Mass murder, the murder of a child, torturing and murdering a victim and serial murders are all good situations for execution. It should never be an eye for an eye. In the case of Phillip Workman this is exactly what happened. In 2004, Fallon Tallent was convicted of two charges of first-degree murder for killing two policemen by deliberately running them down with her car. The sentence was life imprisonment. Phillip killed one officer while robbing a fast food restaurant. Both committed their crimes in the attempted to avoid capture. Why should Fallon get to live while Phillip must die. Neither case was premeditated. Workman didn't plan to kill anyone. He was just a common crook but under the law in which he was judged he had to pay his debt with his life. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Workman. He is guilty and should pay for his crime. I don't even care if it was his bullet or not. He is still responsible. He shot at police during a robbery and it caused a man to lose his life. It doesn't matter if it were Phillips bullet or friendly fire. The result is still the same.
Lt. Ronald Oliver

1 comment:

Leah Stuart said...

I must say when I started reading this I disagreed vehemently...however I saved my opinion until I finished reading. Fallon is my baby cousin. She definitely did not intentionally kill those 2 officers. I mourn for their death, and I mourn for the death of her life. She never stood a chance. Her mother "sold" her to a drug dealer for sex in order for crack cocaine for her disgusting self...Fallon was 9. A year afterwards the same no good mother stuck a crackpipe in Fallon's mouth...she was 10. I appreciate you being fair in your blog. She is a good girl...born to a terrible mother.

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.