Wednesday, August 02, 2006

U rid'em U wreck'm

I had friend tell me once there are only two types of people who ride motorcycles"those who have wrecked and those who will wreck". After last night I am now officially in the "have" category. As I pulled onto Nolensville road last night from 440 I felt my bike start to go as I leaned into my turn. I tried to straighten back up but bike started fish tailing out of control and threw me across the road. I got up a little disoriented. I stumbled to my bike and picked it up. Another motorist stopped to see if I was ok but my concern was to get on my bike and get back to work. I was on my dinner break and was running a little late getting back. I hope I wasn't rude to him but I was a little out of it at the time. I got back to work, finished my shift and got my bike home. My girlfriend insisted following me home since my break controls were a little damaged from the accident.

At this point my hip, back and elbow(the same elbow that I'm still having bursitis trouble with) were really hurting. So, I decide to go to the hospital to get checked out. You never know. Something could be wrong. Two hours and about 10 X-rays later I'm on my way home. No broken bones. Just soreness and a little swelling. I guess I'm pretty lucky. Especially since it appears I put a dent in my gas tank with my elbow.

Incase you were wondering. Yes, I will get my bike repaired and ride again.

No comments:

The views of Lewis are his own and do not express the views of his employer or any other organization that he may be affiliated with.